Monday, June 29, 2015

It's that time of summer for scout stuff

Tonight, I get the computer to myself while Liam and Kella watch Netflix on the Wii controller and Marcus watches television.  Kinley is sleeping.  It is 9:30 at night.  I also will add that there are 5-6 kids playing in my backyard.  None of them live with us.

Where are the rest of the fam? They are enjoying nature at Cub Scout camp.  Andy was able to take Ewan (his 2nd year) and Cale (his 3rd or 4th year) to Cary Camp along with 2 other scouts and another scout leader.  That is pretty cool because for the past 2 years it has just been Andy and our boys representing our Pack at the camp.  I love the idea of more kids getting involved in scout camping.  (and a random parent just came by to shoo the children to their homes 9:35)

Marcus just got back from southern Indiana and a caving campout.  The troop camped out on the park grounds and then did a couple walking tours of the caves and did some crawling about in some tunnels-called the Masher.  Marcus had a blast. I love that he is excited to do these scout activities and that they are with a different set of kids than who he sees at school.  A wider circle of friends.  He gets a week at home before going to his Boy Scout camp.

The Boy Scouts.  Good luck finding Marcus, I can see his head between 2 guys in the front row.  

And, another cave pose.  Marcus is easier to find this time since he is wearing orange socks and is in the front row.

And, here is our crew for Cub Scout camp.  I know one of the campers looks unhappy, but I know he will have fun.  They all will.

So, I get to hold down the fort.  Me verses 4 kids, which might sound frightening to some, but isn't bad.  We are enjoying late night tv watching and wearing our jammies all morning

.  It's as awesome as it sounds.  

No comments: