Wednesday, June 24, 2015

How could we forget Kinley?

Well, with 4 spring birthdays, I guess I thought I had posted pictures from everyone's birthdays.  

Guess I was wrong.  

Poor, neglected 6th child.  I totally forgot about her birthday pictures. 

So, here are some.

Opening presents.  Kinley was excited to get presents.  She knew they were hers.




Dinner time.  Looks like pizza.  Kinley likes it.


And the cake.  Kinley loves Veggietales and I thought it would be fun to have a cake with some of her favorite friends on it. I haven't fretted this much over a cake for a long time.  I got the cake pan off of ebay and the cake baked up great in it-strawberry cake-just like Kella.  The challenge, for me, was the frosting.  I made a double batch of buttercream delicious frosting and then colored individual bowls of the frosting. I even had a tube and tip thing to squeeze the frosting out of into the cool star shape.  Bob the tomato went easily, but I only had 1 tubey thing to squeeze frosting out of and Larry needed frosted in green, not red.  I'll admit to a panic attack at this point, but luckily, Andy to the rescue with a plan to decorate Larry.  Looks great and Kinley loved it.

She liked being sung to.

Photo bombed by her siblings.



No comments: