Friday, March 13, 2015

From where I sit, Friday randomness

Here it is, Friday.  We have made it through another school week with a slightly busy weekend around the corner.  And, by slightly busy, I mean a convention event for Marcus and Cale Saturday and then probably 2 basketball games for Ewan on Sunday.  This weekend should be cake compared to the past weekends. 

As previously posted, Ewan finishes up his travel basketball season this Sunday. Unless the team totally forgets to how to play(they are second graders), I anticipate they will win their league championship.  Then, sweet freedom from basketball.  We're ready.

Marcus has band contest tonight and I'm trying hard to remember to be at the school to pick him up at 7:20.  Then, Monday, he has a band concert that we will be going to.  I'm sure the band has improved since the Christmas concert.  I'm exited to hear how they sound.  

Marcus and Cale this weekend will be involved with LTC.  Leadership Training for Christ is what I like to call "4-H for church".  It's a convention in Indy with a bunch of different categories kids grade 3-12 can participate in.  There are activities you can complete before the convention and events you participate in at the convention.  Man, if I was a kid, I wouldn't know what to pick and would probably be in a ton of events-Bible quiz, Bible bowl, singing, puppets, drama, art, writing, the list goes on.  On Saturday, Marcus and Cale will both be doing Bible bowl and Bible reading.  Cale is participating in puppets tonight (led by a reluctant Andy).  And, both the boys completed their Bible quiz at home.  This year's theme covered the book of Luke(each year has been alternating between the New and Old Testament). I really like LTC.  The boys look forward to it every year and I like seeing people I know from different churches.  

Andy is down at LTC with Cale.  They spent some time today finishing up some puppet performance details.

I am still in my jams.  I went into work last night for a 4 hour shift that turned into an 8 hour shift.  So many babies were born last night.  The madness continued today as evidence by the help text  sent out from the unit looking for help for tonight.  Hope they found some.

Liam is waiting for me to get off the computer so he can blog.  Andy likes telling folks that our 5 year old has his own blog.  I like that Liam still likes to post to it.  If you get a chance, check it out.  We don't help Liam except when he wants a picture uploaded. Here's the link right here.

Kella got Daddy to buy her another Disney princess when they went to the store today.  She's happily playing with all her dolls right now.  This doll's a winner because her shoes are painted on.  

Kinley is sleeping, but I'm sure she will be waking up soon.  About 2 weeks ago, Kinley demonstrated that she could up and down the stairs by herself.  Smart little girl!  She's the first one of our kids that actually crawls down the stairs backwards instead of trying to go down face first.

We are in the middle of a floor reno downstairs.  Andy is working on completing the kitchen and the closets.  It's hard right now, because he doesn't have a lot of time to work on the floor, the floor space is smaller with some more cutting involved, the house is not square, we have 6 kids.....I feel like right now we are bogged down in the renovation valley.  Once Andy gets down with this phase, the rest should go very quickly.  It's just getting there....

I'm being stalked for the computer.  My time is up.

No comments: