Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dr. Seuss Day, last minute

Last Friday was the day the primary kids get to dress up like characters from Dr. Seuss books in order to be in a 15 minute parade at the end of the day.  For, probably a week, I have been asking Ewan and Liam what they would like to be, or even if they wanted to dress up.  Liam was definitely a "no", which was fine for me.  Ewan, was cagey and wouldn't give me an answer.  The night before, Ewan tells me he wants to be a "yellow-bellied sneetch" 
Okay, 5pm the day before is not the best time to tell me this, since we had basketball games that evening and none of the supplies for this costume.  Not even a yellow shirt.

After being forced to change his mind, Ewan went with the classic "Thing 1" outfit.  Lucky for us, we had the blue wig from last year, red gloves, and red clothes.

We had a two-hour delay for school on Friday.  

At 9:15 a.m. on Friday, Liam informs me that he wants to dress up like "One Fish, Two Fish".  What!
No way I could do a fish costume in 45 minutes.  But, flipping through the book, I did find the Gox.  "Would you like to box a Gox?"  I knew Liam would be excited to wear boxing gloves and it was easy to make some ears with pipe cleaners and headband.  Then, all I had to do was cut out the word Gox from some sturdy paper.

So, there you go.  Dr. Seuss Day 2015 with a happy Thing 1 and a Gox.  And, Ponyo was dragged into the photo by Ewan for good measure.

No comments: