Tuesday, March 3, 2015

a television interlude

I've been watching a new show on Masterpiece Mystery called Grantchester.  It is based on a series of books that I think I will be looking for in the library soon.  Let me say, that I have really enjoyed watching this series.  Of course, being a BBC show, there were only 6 episodes and the ending of the last one left a lot of things left to wrap up.  How frustrating!  I was hoping for a wrap up episode that gave me a little more peace with the characters lives. And, now I have to wait, probably a full year before the next season is available.  I will wait, albeit not patiently.  I give this show 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, whatever you want to use to measure greatness.  James Norton was great as the vicar Sydney Chambers.  Robson Greene  was just as good as Sydney's cop friend Geordie Keating.  I just loved the whole cast.  And, thank goodness for pbs.org because I was able to stream the episodes on my own schedule.

No comments: