Friday, July 18, 2014

The Prodigal Son has returned

Is that a cat in my lap?  Why yes, it is.  In fact, it is Mr. Orange, back from his month long absence.  Where he was, I have no idea.  Orange is much thinner now, so I doubt that he was living with a new family.  I went outside on Tuesday afternoon to make sure the boys had shut the van doors after unloading groceries and saw Mr. Orange across the street laying on the sidewalk like he had never left.  "Mr. Orange!" I said, and went over and picked him right up.  He purred and purred as we walked into the house.  I do have to say all the kids were excited about having Orange back.  We set out a new bowl of food which Orange promptly started to inhale and later on opened our last can of tuna (which we really just save as back up cat food anyway).  Orange spent the afternoon sitting on/laying next to people.  The Anna Kitty didn't have as warm a welcome for him.  She hissed at him a couple times.  Now, they seem to be tolerating each other again.  Andy's response when I text him to tell him the good news: "Dang".  Well, Andy's not really a cat person anyway.  

No comments: