Sunday, July 13, 2014

Marcus had a great 11th birthday!

Last Monday was Marcus's birthday.  This was a year that we (I) waited until last minute to get the boy his birthday presents.  This was also the year, that, one by one, gift ideas I had for Marcus got purchased for him before his birthday by chance.  And, Andy was gone for work, so that made shopping for Marcus a little more challenging.  There was a rush order placed to Amazon (my favorite place to shop) and a birthday-morning-on-the-way-home-from-work stop for a couple things, too.  All in all, I think Marcus really liked his presents and had a fun day.

Andy hid Marcus's presents around the house and gave Marcus riddles to solve to find the gifts.  Andy also included a couple fake gifts for fun.

juggling balls and bike gear from Grammy Pammy


A cell phone case.  oh, Marcus knew he was probably getting a phone.  It was the one thing he kept asking for.  I even took him to the store to play with a couple so I would know what he liked.  Then, I came back the next day to get the phone without him.  


He was wanting a magic eight ball.  

The desired phone.

duffel bag for sports stuff

The boys all liked the riddle hunt for presents.  I have a feeling that Ewan and Cale will be expecting the same game for their birthdays.

Kinley was happy playing with her toys.

Kella had to show me her princess girls.

A Wii game.

The magic eight ball was a big hit.

Cake time.  Marcus asked for a strawberry cake and strawberry frosting.  Andy did a great job making the cake and frosting it.  Everyone did a great job eating it.


Andy, holding his oldest baby.

And, with Mom.  Not quite as tall as me, yet.

No comments: