Friday, May 30, 2014

the elementary art fair

Another catch up post from last week.  The elementary school had their art fair and book fair.  The boys actually like it when we go to see their art on the walls and I owed Cale a book from the fair, so we loaded up the van and went over.  I can't remember, but I think this was the night that I loaded finger-y foods in the tote for the kids to eat after the fair.  Because, you see, we had at least 2 soccer games to get to.  

mask by Marcus

Oh yes, I made him pose.  Then I sent him running over to the soccer fields so he wouldn't be late for his game.

mask by Cale

guess who else had a game that night?

Cale's ice cream


and Cale's owl

We also went to the book fair where Cale had to come to terms with the fact that I would buy him a book to read and not a diary, or a lego kit or any kind of trinket.  I encouraged him to purchase those with his own money.  (guess what didn't happen?)  He  came out of the fair with the book of world records and a sulky attitude. *sigh We can't always have a great time.  :-)

No comments: