Tuesday, May 6, 2014

banquet time for the scouts!

We are done until fall with Cub Scouts!  I am excited for a break.  This was a hard year for me to try and be a den leader and take care of my little ones at the same time, especially Kinley.  I think the kids had fun and hopefully will want to continue with scouts.  I would like to continue working with the program as well and have a feeling that I have been "promoted" to assistant cub master for next year.

Ewan with some of the Tigers.  Poor boy, he did not get his badges that night.  There was a mix up in the master list and Ewan was left off.  He was really disappointed, but we were able to start the fix so Ewan will get his Tiger badge and belt loops that he has earned.

My Bear, Cale and my 2 Wolves.  

I got to hand out their awards.


Marcus with the rest of the former Webelos 2s, now the Bacon Patrol in the Boy Scout troop.  Yes, they picked that name themselves.


So glad for a break.  (wait, have I said that already?)  The banquet day was nuts anyway. I worked the night before, then went to church with Grammy Pammy and the kids.  (Andy was out of town for work) After church, Grammy Pammy took Marcus to his soccer game and I got to take a nap while the kids watched some movies and ate snacks (I have a feeling, too many snacks) Kella was sick in the car on the way to the banquet.  I think her stomach was too full of junk, like chips.  Then she was fine, but we had to stop for a new outfit and cleaning supplies for the car.  Also, a shout-out to Grammy Pammy, who made 3 cakes and a pasta salad for scouts while I worked and then slept.  That stuff wouldn't have gotten done without her.  I had plans for an early night that evening, but when we got home, the neighbors were doing s'mores and kids were playing in out yard, so our kids joined in and we played until the sun set. All the kids went to sleep as soon as their heads hit their pillows that evening.  Ah, memories.

No comments: