Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nicknames

Thinking about my kids nicknames today and how they each got theirs. For the sake of remembering, here I go.

Marcus: "bug" I think Andy started this ne when Marcus was a baby. We also called him "bug-a-boo". 

Cale: "Cale-Cale" I don't remember where this name came from. Admittedly, it is not very imaginative. Cale had recently told me he does not want me to call me by his nickname. Too bad.

Ewan: "ew-bear" I think a lady from church started this nickname. 

Liam: "coco" or "cocoa bean" I do believe that Ewan gave Liam these nicknames. Liam sometimes would only answer to these names. Also, for a long time, the kids at the preschool thought Liam's name was "cocoa bean". Can't imagine what their parents thought.

Kella: "Kella bells" I call Kella this. A shortened form of older nicknames: Kella Bella, and Kella Bella dumpling. I also call Kella "Merida" which is the name of the girl from the movie Brave.

Kinley: "Kinners" I take credit for this name, too. 

There we go.  Imortalized on the internet. 
You're welcome.

No comments: