Monday, September 30, 2013

Wiggles!

I went to a concert a few weeks ago.  It was the first time I had been to concert since B.K. (before kids).  I even had company for the concert.  Granted, my companions were Ewan, Liam and Kella.  Our concert destination was the Wiggles concert in Indy.  It was fantastic!

I have been watching the Wiggles for about 8 years-since Marcus was a little guy.  Recently, we have been having a Wiggles renaissance at our house.  Kella checked out the same Wiggles DVD so many times that I finally bought it (and another one) for us to just have at home.  Then, we found out that they were coming to Indy for a concert.  We had to go.

That Friday, I loaded up my companions, got our favorite food (the golden arches) for dinner and made our way to the concert.  We had pretty good seats and could see the stage great, since the road in front of us was completely open.  We made it in time for the first song-"Rock a bye your bear".  Well, that is Kella's favorite song, and she was sold on the show after that.  Liam was a little wary of the noise at first, but it didn't take long for him to adjust and both he and Kella danced to every song the Wiggles sang.  I even caught Ewan doing a little dancing and singing, too.  The Wiggles put on a good show.  They sang a lot of songs that I knew and then some new songs as well, since this tour is to introduce the new Wiggles members.   An hour and a half later, the show was over and we had some awesome new memories.  I will definitely try to go again next time they visit the Indy area.

A couple photos with my phone.
The group on stage.  In person, they were closer than the camera makes them appear.

A closer shot of Captain Feathersword, Dorothy the Dinosaur and Anthony.

An example of how my kids danced around too much to get a good picture.

Kella taking a break and taking a seat for one of the songs.

No comments: