Thursday, October 3, 2013

Starting soon

This year, we let Marcus and Cale try out for travel basketball. It seems kind of stupid that elementary school kids have travel basketball team, but the boys like to play, and Cale loves the warm-up gear. Anyway, I figured it was a good chance to get to practice basketball again and hopefully have a good time. 

It sounds like the kids at least had a good time. Andy was able to get to the gym in time to see some of the action. I think there were 12 kids in the third grade group. Cale had a good time and played well. Well enough, that he made the travel team. He was pretty excited.I guess I wasn't too worried about Cale-he's always been one of the better players in his grade and last year the travel coach had asked about having Cale on his team. Looking at the roster this year, I'm not surprised by most of the names I see. What makes me sad is that they took ten kids (a nice, even number) out of the 12 that Andy sad tried-out. I feel bad when kids get left out, especially so few. I pray that their little hearts can handle this. I also pray that Cale can handle this graciously. He will be a proud boy after this, and I hope we can keep him grounded. I also hope that we can handle the schedule. But, since I can't control that, I'm not going to worry about it right now.

Marcus did okay with his try-outs. He also made the travel team. Eight of the none kids were chosen. Kind of a jerk move by the coach, unless that one kid just didn't want to commit to the time involved.

Because, let me tell you, Marcus had two practices last week (Friday and Saturday) and three upcoming this week (Tuesday, Friday and Saturday). We also have karate on Monday, cubscout a on Wednesday, karate with promotions on Thursday, a cubscout camp out on Friday and Butler homecoming on Saturday. Oh yeah, and I work Tuesday night and late Wednesday night and Andy is working his regular after school hours, too.

Nervous breakdown, here I come.

No comments: