Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday to Ewan!

Ewan turned 7 years old on September 6th! He was so excited about his birthday and had been counting down to it since Marcus had his birthday.  The challenge with Ewan's birthday this year was finding a good time to celebrate, since his birthday fell in a Friday during football season and my first weekend back to work. I think we managed to give Ewan a great birthday.
 
First things first-opening his presents the morning of his birthday! I knew he wouldn't be able to wait.
 
 
 
 
Third (and I realize these are out of order of events) we had cake and ice cream on Sunday night. We did a Bey Blade cake with some of the figures on top.
 
 
 
 
Fourth, we had to get our yearly Ewan-baby pictures with him. Andy's goal is to hold everyone like a baby every year for their picture.
 
Posted by Picasa

Second things second, on Ewan's birthday, I dropped Ewan off with Andy for some special dinner and a movie time. Ewan was pretty excited about this date night. It made me feel better that Ewan got some special attention even though I had to work.



What can we say about Ewan? He is an awesome little dude with an incredible imagination. He loves to create-with action figures or with characters he has cut out from coloring books (because, you know, they don't come to life until you cut them out). He loves his little sisters and loves being a big, helping brother to them.  He had an awesome parent-teacher conference where we found out that Ewan's teacher wishes she had a whole class full of Ewans and that he is on grade level for reading and in the highest class for math.  Good news for us since Ewan acts like he's dying when it's time to do homework.  He wants to do what is right and wants that praise of a job well done from his mom and dad.  I think he has a sweet, kind heart and I hope he always keeps his creativity.  Ewan is also our boy that Andy and I both think needs an adventure.  There's a saying that I found on Pinterest that says


I really feel like this fits Ewan-always looking for an adventure, either with playtime outside or the characters he has created in his mind.  Right now, his job of choice when he grows up is a firefighter-a perfect job for someone seeking adventure and excitement! We love our sweet Ewan-boy and are incredibly blessed to have him in our family! 

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

You are a big boy now. Happy birthday my dear! Heard a lot about event space NYC and saw them online as well. Nice interiors and packages are also affordable. Discussed about the services and made my mind to book one for my sister's bridal shower next month. Will go for fashion theme décor. Fresh flowers will be ordered online along with branded mock tails.