Thursday, January 26, 2012

the joy of boys

The latest happenings at our house involve Cale and a bakugan ball.  For those who may not know, bakugan are plastic balls that pop open into different critters-kind of like transformers.  The boys decided to bowl with these toys, trying to roll them between the other's legs.  Marcus rolled one of the balls between Cale's legs and the next thing we hear is Cale crying.  He accused Marcus of hitting him in the face with the bakugan.  I'm pretty sure we (or I) said something like "Marcus, apoligize to your brother." and "Cale, when you play like this, sometimes accidents happen.".  I looked over and Cale had his hand on his face.  He took his hand off and there was blood running down from a cut next to his eye.  Marcus, immeadiately started sobbing, "I'm so sorry." and Cale started crying from the sight of the blood.  Andy got Cale cleaned up and we agreed that he would probably need stitched, so off to the ER they went.  I stayed with the others and Marcus calmed down once I convinced him that Cale would be fine. (then he wanted to play the Wii-crisis over).   Marcus made me smile with his use of words, "I'm so ashamed that I hurt Cale."  I told him, "it's not ashamed, you feel guilt."  "Oh, yeah, that's right." Turns out, Cale didn't need stitches after all-just some dermabond.  He's got a smidge of bruising at the site, but that's it.  Quite a nice ending to our Sunday.

While Andy and Cale were gone, I went upstairs to lower the blinds in the boys' room.  Imagine my surprise to find the interior pane of this window broken.  If you look hard in this picture, you might be able to see the outline of the breakage.  Ewan said the window was broken when he raised the blinds.  Andy theorizes that a toy was thrown at the window when the blinds were down.  No one would have noticed that the glass was broken since we don't raise the blinds all the way very often.  *sigh* Guess it's time to make friends with a glass repair-man.  I'm sure this is the first of several broken windows we are sure to have with the boys.

No comments: