Saturday, July 30, 2011

2 month old Kella

Kella turned 2 months old yesterday (Friday)! She is so sweet! She just loves to bhee held and she's really starting to pay attention to her brothers. She's smiling now and I can see a dimple on her left cheek. Her hair is what everyone notices-probably because it's red-mostly because it sticks up in an awesome mohawk. I like to say her hair is "exciting". She gives us a good stretch of sleep at night usually after mindnight to around 5 am. I find that I am watching a lot of reruns of a show called "Numbers" while I'm feeding her in the middle of the night. Recently, she's been trying hard to keep herself awake, in the evening, getting overtired and fighting sleep. Sleep wins in the end, but she puts up a good fight. Another thing, when Kella wakes up to eat at night, she goes right back to sleep-so nice! She eats whenever she wants which accounts for her stats: 13 pounds 4.5 ounces and 23 inches long. I hate to compare my "dainty" girl to her brothers, but I pulled out their baby books and discovered that she's right in the mix for 2 month Shaffer baby size. The amazing thing (at least to me) is that she has gained 2 pounds since July 6th. Our favorite pediatrician thinks she looks terrific and is very strong with great head control (all the tummy time Daddy gives her is paying off :-) ). What a blessing she is to our family and we are so thankful for her!

with Daddy


and with Mommy



a close-up of sweet Kella



a rare eyes-open photo. Don't you love her hair?


Happy 2 months old!

No comments: