Wednesday, October 13, 2010

season completed

Marcus's final football game was last night! The Steelers gave it their best effort, but could not beat the running game of the Bengals. Am I glad football is over? Extremely. Did Marcus play much of this last game? No. Am I a little bent out of shape because of that? Yes, especially because I know Marcus was doing his best to let the coaches know that he wanted to play. Will I be sending off an email to let the president of the league know that I am unhappy? Unsure-I know that what's done is done and it really won't fix anything except me venting. Marcus doesn't seem to phased by it. Andy and I have both emphasized doing you best and learning about the game. I asked Marcus it he had learned anything from football, he said yes-not to have head to head contact. Well, okay, that's pretty important to know. Here's the few pictures I took...

Marcus coming out of the "tunnel" of raised hands the parents did for the last game. I let Cale participate in my place-he thought it was very cool.


Game over- awards ceremony for the 2 teams that will not be playing in the final. We were supposed to turn in the pads and helmet, too, but I was so-o-o ready to go home that they are still in my car and will make it back later this week.
Marcus with his medal. It was getting dark and I had to wait till we got home to get this picture.
We have a little time off until the start of basketball-crazy, I know. The boys are excited about playing another sport and really do like being around kids their age. Will they always like these things? Who knows. But, it's nice that they're getting the chance right now.

No comments: