Sunday, October 31, 2010

The force is strong in this family


Saturday night we had our "dress rehearsal" for Halloween. The library had a little Halloween party and puppet show that we took the kids to. This year, I wanted to have all the boys' costumes go together in some kind of theme. They all seem to like Star Wars and, we have plenty of light sabers. Last year after Halloween, I found a Darth Vadar costume for Liam on clearance for $2! Ewan's black robe was one that we already had. I had to make Marcus and Cale's robes. I thought it would be easy. But, after borrowing a sewing machine, trying to work it, having my babysitter look at it, borrowing her sewing machine and having more technically difficulties that I'm sure are from user error, I turned to some stitch witchery and my iron. So far, the robes have held together. And, they don't look too bad. Andy did the boys face make-up. Turns out, he took some kind of costume class in middle school. Who knew. The boys are excited for trick and treating and the candy!

Meet Yoda-Cale


Marcus as a Jedi (playing the Wii)


Ewan as Darth Maul



No comments: