Monday, August 7, 2017

Happy birthday to Marcus! (in July)

Our Marcus turned 14 way back on July 7th.  He got to enjoy his actual birthday at Boy Scout camp and then celebrate at home on Sunday.  Then, the next morning, we sent him off the soccer camp with the high school soccer team.  No rest for the teenager.  

Things that I appreciate about Marcus include how patient he is with his younger siblings.  He is definitely the most patient of the kids.  This makes him be a good teacher/demonstrator to the littles, too.  I see this in karate classes when he gets to help the children in there learn their katas.  I also like watching his sense of humor develop.  He really enjoys some of the same shows that Andy and I have always liked to watch.  Marcus is steady and responsible and I know I can trust him to watch his younger sibs if I need to run some errands.  He enjoys playing his trombone.  He is working toward promotions in karate (to earn his purple belt promotion book) and scouts (Life Scout).  This fall, as a freshman!, he will be taking an AP World History class-the only AP class at school freshman can take.

Here's our boy!  Yes, we wrapped his presents in brown bags and paper.  

The one thing he wanted-a smart watch.

Also, cool shades.

Ice cream cake!  Seriously, this was the easiest, most low-key birthday ever.  Dinner was at a youth group get together at a park.  We picked up the cake on the way home.  So easy. 


The yearly "baby" picture with Dad.  

And the "let's see how much taller I am than mom" picture.

No comments: