Sunday, February 7, 2016

another solo/ensemble contest in the books

January was a busy month and February promises the same.  We started out the first weekend with basketball games and Marcus's solo/ensemble contest.  Throw in some work for the adults and you have our typical schedule. 

I had the privilege of accompanying  Marcus for his solo piece.  I just thought it would be a fun thing to do and a way to encourage both of us to practice our instruments: trombone and piano.

Marcus did great!  Gold for him!  From behind the piano, I thought he sounded fine and played the piece well.  The judge's comments were kind and encouraging.  With our schedule, I left Marcus and the school with some money and instructions to go listen to other trombone players.  I had basketball games to get back to.

After games and a quick bite to eat, it was time to go hear the ensemble play.  Unfortunately, we made it to the room right after they shut the door.  Then, Kinley, who had been hanging by a thread for a while, decided that was the best time for a meltdown.  So, I couldn't even listen outside the door since I had to remove Little Miss from the hallway.  Oh well.

But, I guess they played well.  They got a gold, too!  So, all's well that ends well.  





No comments: