Monday, November 2, 2015

That annual preschool trip to the pumpkin patch

Way back in October, the girls' preschool visited the pumpkin patch.  The only thing I was excited about this field trip was that although most of the preschool had to ride for 45+ minutes to get there, the girls and I just had to drive about 15 minutes.  Was I pumped about going? No.  Would the girls had noticed if we didn't go? Probably not.  I'm going to remember that for next year.  

It was a damp, foggy morning that we set out for the patch.  We left late, but still managed to get there at the same time as the preschool.  
Here we go.  Let the fun begin.

Waiting in line for the hayride.



Hayride selfie.

The hayride took us to the middle of some Christmas trees where it looked like the pumpkins had just been tossed among the pines.  The magical place where two holidays combined.  

Looking for just the right pumpkin.


Found them!

Kinley could have cared less about this.  I picked out the smallest pumpkin I could find for her so I wouldn't have to carry anything too heavy.


Let's ride back.

Then, the group of 15-ish 2-5 year olds had to wait for their turn at a story.  Even then, when it was our turn, another group decided to have lunch on the tables right next to the story.  So much for being able to hear.  Or pay attention.  That was a fail.


Kella and Sage.  Friends.


Honestly, trying to get these kids to sit still...Sage, Kella, Raelyn and Kinley.

Someone liked climbing on the bales of hay.

After the "story", the kids got to go see some animals.  The girls really liked this rabbit enclosure.  There were some cute bunnies hopping around in there.  And, since the girls backs were to me while they looked at all the animals, I stopped taking pictures.  

Then we went to the bookstore and tried not to take apart the childrens' section.  

I was tired by the time we got home.

No comments: