Thursday, September 24, 2015

Conferences, done

Parent-teacher conferences are done!  I finished the last one this morning.  Pretty much, my kids are geniuses and are lovely students.  But, seriously, Cale, Ewan and Liam are all doing well and I am thankful that they are kids who do not have a hard time with homework (mostly) and appear to learn easily.
Liam's assessments are out of the water.  He is being moved into reading comprehesion.  His math is great.  He is the the top classes for reading and math and those teachers have freedom to tailor instruction to meet the needs of Liam and his classmates.  Hope you can see in this picture that Liam wants to be a ninja ("nija") when he grows up.  He also was worried about "nothing" for the first day of school.

If there is one boy who I will worry about with his schooling, it will be Ewan.  I don't have a good reason.  Ewan is great at math and can read just fine.  I just see glimpses of misspelled words and I know Ewan would rather be doing anything but schoolwork.  It makes him want to rush through his work to get to the good stuff-playtime.  His teacher is pleased, though, and sees no cause for concern. I know Ewan is a good student.

No picture of Cale, but he is doing fine as well.  I wouldn't expect anything less from Cale.  He is in the high-acheiver class with a teacher who has tons of experience with these kids.  The teacher is teaching them to multi-task and be independent-skills they will need as they prepare to move into middle school.  



No comments: