Monday, May 25, 2015

Pin of the week-household hack

I love Pinterest.  Love it so much that I want to share some of my favorite pins.  This one made perfect sense when I saw it-using a fitted sheet over the box springs instead of a bed skirt.  I don't like bed skirts anyway-I always had a hard time smoothing out the skirt so it hung evenly on all sides of the bed (and, I'm not a fan of the ruffled look), but I did not like how the bed looked with the box springs exposed.  Solution: fitted sheet.  Easy to put on and makes the bed look complete.  This picture, from Pinterest, shows a coordinating color with the bed linens.  I just went with a classic black. Matches everything.  I did this 2 years ago and the sheet has held up great.  Total cost:  less than $10 since I bought the sheet at Walmart.

buy an extra fitted sheet instead of a bedskirt, other tips at this site, the fitted sheet looks great! No more bed skirts for us!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/188588303117418856/

No comments: