Friday, May 22, 2015

another dose of random-ness

I actually have a few minutes to spare to blog, even though I should be cleaning the house in anticipation for the cousins that are coming over this weekend.  Oh well.  Let's see what's been happening here....
First, a dose of sweetness from the sisters.  They sit together, they play together, the suck their thumbs and love their blankies together.

Project complete!  This is a word art project I found on Pinterest.  Clearly, I did one for each of the kids and had the perfect place to hang them up in the upstairs hallway.  Once I figured out Word Art, I was able to plug in for each of the kids and move along quickly.

Wednesday was the art fair for the elementary.  We had to go see Cale's picture done with oil pastels and a photo of himself reinacting the Scream.  Well done!

Oh, and my favorite.  In our long journey to new floors downstairs we have decided to tile the kitchen area instead of laminate.  Okay.  So, Andy trimmed the laminate back in order to put a temporary threshold down.  In the process, he removed a nail from the wall.  Well, apparently this nail had been nailed into one of our water pipes.  =water mess.  1 day and 3 fixes later, Andy was able to fix the problem.  The new problem-the hot water heater does not work.  Lovely.  Needless to say, this is causing me a lot of anxiety currently.  Andy is on his way to the store as I write this to purchase a part he thinks might solve the problem.  To be continued......

Just a look at the laminate flooring.  Pretty color, isn't it?  It hasn't held up as well as we thought it would.  When I picked it out, I really picked it out for it's color-not durability or ease of installation.  There are already chipped corners on some of the planks and that is just with normal wear.  Tarkington brand at Menards.  Not recommended.  Also, Menards is no longer carrying this style.  Long term for us, that means we will be replacing this flooring with something else.  Just not anytime soon.

And today, Marcus leaves for a weekend campout with the Scouts, Andy leaves for a weekend of work in Ohio and I begin a 4 day stretch at work.  So much to do.  We have Uncle and Aunt and Cousins coming over to watch the remaining kids while I work, for which I am very thankful.  

No comments: