Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanksgiving review

A month behind on blog posts.  Seems legit.  Mostly, I was shamed into posting after I help Liam post on his blog. So, here we are on Christmas Eve eve, ready to look at pictures from Thanksgiving.

I am so glad I was able to trade my holiday so we could go back to Illinois to see the Shaffer side of the family.  Even the car ride there and back went pretty smoothly.  We drove straight through on Wednesday and got to Chris and Kim's as the snow was starting to really cover the roads.  We didn't have to go anywhere while we were there.  When we left Friday morning, it was cold, but the roads were clear.  The children were content for most of the time and the dog even behaved.

And, it was so nice just to be together and enjoy everyone's company.  I think that is what I am most thankful for:  time to sit and visit and just be.  

I took some pictures.  Let's see if they can tell our story...

Liam might have been a little worn out after the drive to Illinois.

Kella discovered the cousins' stash of barbies.

We played lots of games!  Board games.

Card games.

Did I get any pictures of the actual Thanksgiving dinner?  Apparently not.  I guess I was too busy eating.

I got an awesome picture of the brothers. 

And, a picture of some Illinois wearing guys.

Liam, Savannah and Marie.

The "C" cousins: Cale and Cassie.

Loved the trip.  The highlight of our Thanksgiving break.

No comments: