Sunday, October 5, 2014

Thoughts from the sidelines

I finally have alone time. I am sitting on the sideline on Marcus's Sunday morning soccer game. Part of their playoff weekend, although I can't tell you how these games determine anything since each of the teams is playing each of the other teams.
Marcus is playing goalie and has been for the entirety of each game. For a boy who is playing his 3rd season of soccer, he is doing a great job. He stops most of the balls and can kick the ball with some precision to any team  member. Its tough watching your kid play a position that everyone is depending on.  I hope everyone knows that Marcus is trying hard and doing his best.

Halftime: the Red Bulls are down 0-2.  The points the other teams has scored have been legit.  Our team has had a tough time getting the ball down field to even get near to scoring = a lot of play by Marcus.

Also, I am typing this on my new phone.  I have come out of the dark ages and given up my relic iPhone 3.  When I showed a student at work my phone she asked, "How is that still working." Ha. Ha. The new phone is bigger, because most phones are now.  In fact, the cell phone pocket in my winter coat is too small to hold any current style of cell phone.

Second half:  still tough. The Red Bulls are getting outrun and cannot get the ball near enough to score.  Marcus had an awesome save where he fell and reached for the ball before it rolled into the goal.  He stopped a couple other shots as well.

Game over:  lost 0-2. The first loss of the season for the team.  Puts us out of the playoffs.  But, don't worry, we have another tournament next weekend.  The play was tough today and Marcus and the rest of the boys did well.  

Another thought I had in my head as I was watching the boys jostle each other for the ball....Cale is going to love this league.  He can play in this one with Marcus in the spring.

No comments: