Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Marcus's music program

A few weeks ago, Marcus had his required school music program for his grade.  His music teacher asked that all the students dress up like Christmas-y characters.  I thought Marcus would be reluctant to wear a costume since he normally doesn't like attention drawn to himself.  But, to my surprise, he decided he wanted to be a reindeer.  Let's be honest.  I was a little miffed that the teacher wanted everyone to dress up and let that responsibility fall to the parents.  I might have been the only one to feel that way, who knows.  There were some elaborate outfits at the program which tells me that some parents dove right into the assignment.  Andy had games, again, so my videographer, Cale, recorded about half the program. 
Not the fanciest costume, but Marcus was happy.  I was excited to have found a brown fleece pullover for him to wear.  And, I had to put black electrical tape over the red nose.  Apparently there could be only one Rudolph.

Liam played on the floor almost the entire concert.

A close-up of Marcus.

Kella had my phone and was trying to take pictures with it, to the delight of surrounding adults.

the videographer

I'm glad that's over, but I have to say that the kids sounded okay.  I couldn't understand what they were saying a lot.  Bad gym acoustics.  But, their ability to stay on pitch has definitely improved since kindergarten. 

No comments: