Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tiger Cub field trip

My little Tiger Cub troup had their first field trip last Wednesday.  We are supposed to be learning about community helpers and I decided to take them to get a tour of the police department.  I have been on several tours of the fire department, so I needed a change.  The tour went pretty well.  The boys behaved great, including Ewan, Liam and Kella.  They got to see the interrogation rooms(they swore they could all see through the glass window to the other side), the police cars(and climb around inside one), some (unloaded) guns and the taser (the officer showed them the electrical current-cool!), among other things.  The officer sometimes talked over the kids heads, but that was okay, because the adults enjoyed learning stuff as well.  I call this trip a success!  And, thank you to the Kokomo Police Department for a great experience!  Now, to plan for more of these outings...

No comments: