Saturday, October 29, 2011

Butler Homecoming 2011

Last Saturday was our annual trip to Butler for their homecoming game. We've been going since Cale was not quite a year old. I look forward to taking the kids because Butler is a relaxed place to go for a college football game.  And, homecoming has some family-friendly things, too.  We never make it in time for the pre-game fun things (one year we will), but the boys just like the chance to roam around part of Butler's campus.  The difference this year was that Andy had the chance to be the atheletic trainer for the game that day.  How cool is that?  He got to go back and be the trainer for the school he graduated from for the team he played for!  I figured I could handle the kids by myself.  I was probably a little delierious from working the night before and not having any sleep.  It sounded like a good idea to me.  First things first, that Saturday, the 3 older kids had gymnastics-wear them out early.  We came back home after that and I packed some stuff, including lunches, to take to the game.  I had a few moments when I almost backed out of going to the game, but I knew that Marcus and Cale were looking forward to this.  So, into the car went the kids and me and away we went.
First thing on our list was to see the Butler Bulldog.  The boys look forward to this and started looking for the bulldog as soon as we entered the stadium.  Cale needed his picture taken

Liam was in a pleasant enough mood to say "hi". 

Then it was Ewan's turn.

Our first seats were on the "hill".  I thought this would be nice because the kids could move around.  And, the view was pretty good.

Hmm, I don't think they were watching a lot of the game.

I made the executive decision to move to some bleacher seats in an empty area of the stadium.  We went inside to get a drink (Strawberry Crush) and watched the band and dance squad perform (they did a routine to the song Moves Like Jagger-one of the kids' favorites)

Our new view of the field also offered a view of the trainer-hello Andy!  We stayed for the entire game.  The boys were able to move around and play on the bleachers.  They did pretty well.  It was harder to contain everyone without Andy there to help.  5 against 1 aren't great numbers.  Liam was the hardest to control.  He's just a determined 2 year old who has a plan and doesn't want mom to interfere.  His new tactic is just to sit down and not move so you either have to carry him or try to get him to stand up by pulling on his arm-always fun to do in a crowd of people.

Oh Kella!  Why do you look sad?  Are you hungry, cold or upset that Butler got trounced by a school I've never heard of?  Poor baby was ready to go home.

After the game, we went into Hinkle Fieldhouse for a snack.  We also had to get our pictures taken with another bulldog.


Kella wasn't sad for long!  A happy baby glad to be home!

No comments: