Saturday, September 10, 2011

blankie went AWOL

We had some tense moments here Tuesday with the disapperance of Liam's beloved blankie.  Andy had taken Ewan, Liam and Kella to Walmart that morning and thought he remembered seeing blankie in the car on the way home.  When it came time for naptime-no blankie.  We looked all over the house and car and could not find it.  Andy laid Liam down for his nap with no blankie.  Liam was very upset, crying and crying.  We got him out of bed and I let him stay up while I looked again every place I could think blankie might be-hamper-no, under bed sheets-no.  I called Walmart and it was not in the lost and found.  At this point, I tried to lay Liam and Kella both down for naps so I could get one too (I had worked the night before).  After 40 minutes of a fussy Kella, a sobbing Liam and a no-napping momma, I made the executive decision to load the kids in the car and head to Walmart to search for blankie-clearly it was no where to be found at home.  We got to the store and cruised the parking lot-no luck.  I called Andy to find out exactly where they had gone in Walmart so we could retrace their steps.  We entered through the garden center-no blankie with the plants.  We walked past the clearance rows-BLANKIE! There it was, laying in the aisle!  An answer to prayers put up by at least this momma and Grammy Pammy. We left the store with a very happy, content little boy.  One day, blankie won't play such a big roll as Liam's comfort object.  Thankfully, it did not have to be that day.

No comments: