Saturday, August 22, 2009

school supplies

I rocked on school supplies last night! I got everything on Marcus's list, except the backpack (we're considering one from a military surplus website, Andy's idea, Marcus endorsed). Anyway, I spent under $20 at Walmart (including a new lunch box marked down to $3 from $7) and my only complaint is that I do not understand why teachers want specific brands? What is the difference between Crayola and Rose Art? Do Clorox wipes really clean that much better than the store brand? And a large glue stick? Walmart had 1 size of glue stick which I'm asuming was the "regular" size, so we got those. Marcus starts school on Monday in the last school district in what seems like the entire state to go back to school. He's excited to go. I'm sad that he's a year older and going into first grade. I hope the year treats him well and he has a good experience.

No comments: