Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Liam is here!

We waited until the very end for this boy to arrive. Liam was born on Friday April 24th @ 6:22pm. He weighed 9 pounds, 14 ounces and was 21 and 1/4 inches long. As you can see from the photos, he has lots of hair, which I'm guessing is kind of a strawberry blond.
From April2009

The Friday Liam was born, I had a doctor's appt @ noon. I managed a sympathy admit from my doctor along with the fact that we do live about 45 minutes away from the hospital. I'm so glad they admitted me. I was @ 6cm @ the doctor's office and when they broke my water at the hospital around 1:30, I went from 6cm to 10cm in about an hour. Thank goodness for the epidural :-). I had to start pushing early because the doctor was concerned about Liam's heart rate-he totally recovered with pushing. So, after about 2 hours of pushing + some help from pitocin, Liam came into the world. Everyone @ the delivery kept saying "he's so big!" and he did look huge-especially his head and shoulders. The nurses watched his blood sugars overnight because of my gestational diabetes, but he did fine.

And now we're home, adjusting to having a new very small one to take care of. Grammy Pammy was at our house with Marcus, Cale and Ewan while we were in the hospital and I think Grammy Linda is coming out this week to visit Liam (since he was not born during the time she was here last week). The pictures for this post will link you to others. :-)
From April2009

1 comment:

Davies Family said...

Congratulations!! I am no longer impressed with myself for pushing out Caleb--Liam trumps him by 14 whole ounces!! :) And, what a cutie--I love that hair! Glad he's finally entered the world (as I'm sure you are too). :)