Sunday, June 8, 2008

Funny things being said around here

After ignoring many thumps and bangs coming from Marcus and Cale's room during "rest time", I finally caved in and went upstairs to see what was going on. Marcus was sitting on his bed repeatedly saying "I only hit it gently, Cale hit it really hard", and Cale was hiding his head in his pillow. Apparently, they had been taking turns trying to hit the balls attached to the end of the ceiling fan chains. Well, one of the balls popped off and I found it on the floor when I came into their room.


I love it when Cale tells me about how much he likes different animals. Today it was about the cows that we passed on the way to church. The formula is the same, you can just substitute out the animal name.
"I like those cows. They are my friends."
"I won't kick them"
"I won't punch them"
"They will like me"
We're all about great treatment of animals here!


The other conversation in the car today was on the way home from church. The boys were talking about looking for their beachball which got blown away in some straight winds we experienced on Friday evening:

Marcus: We have to find the beachball.
Me: I think the wind blew it away.
Marcus: We have to go to the circle house (not too sure where this is)
Me: You know, we might not be able to find the ball, the wind might have blown it pretty far away.
Marcus: The wind blew it two solar systems away. We have to go to two solar systems to get it. We have to get the ball before it freezes.

No comments: