Friday, February 10, 2017

Cale, the singer

Cale joined choir this year.  I'm not too sure exactly why, although I would guess it is because he likes to sing and be part of groups.  Anyway, the opportunity came up to participate in vocal solo/ensemble contest.  Of course I encouraged Cale to do this.  I think that performing in front of others is a great experience.  Cale picked a song called "Farewell" by Schubert.  I had the privilege of accompanying him on the piano.
  
Bright and early, for us, a few Saturdays ago.  Cale's performance time was 9:05 in the morning.  Yea for us, the contest site was about 15 minutes from our house at a local high school.  We went to the warm-up room first and then went to hear some of the performers in front of us.  When it was time for Cale's performance, there were no other kids in the room so he just had to sing for the judge, the judge's helper and me.  Lucky kid.

Cale got a gold!  He was pretty relieved when it was all over and happy to get his gold medal.  I think he'll do this again next year.😊


No comments: