Thursday, September 1, 2016

Stories from my phone-rest of August recap

It is quite the luxury to be able to sit down at my computer and update this poor blog.  And, it's a beautiful day-I have the windows open!  Kinley is chilling in her chair, watching a show and the beasties are all enjoying an afternoon snooze.  And, before I get up and start checking more things off my to-do list, I will tell you what we've been doing recently.

First-karate promotions for all the boys.  We got back into karate after spring soccer and the boys have been working hard these past couple months.  Promotions were mid-August and all the boys did well.  Marcus was nervous that he wouldn't promote, but he did do a great job!  Of course, fall soccer will keep us out of karate until October.  So goes life,
Marcus receiving green belt.

Cale gets his green belt.

Ewan earned his blue belt.

Liam got his orange belt.  He was sooo excited. Since he started so little, he has taken longer to earn each belt.  I say an orange belt at 7 is pretty good.

Some proud boys there.

Kinley gets a lot of alone time with her best friend-Mommy.  This was a day we biked to the coffee shop and had a cinnamon roll.  That was the first day the temps weren't kill-me hot and before the monsoon season started here.  We haven't been out much on our bike.

A random-"what is this plant" picture.  This thing stands to my thigh and was from a mother's day gift from preschool.  I transplanted the whole pot of little wildflowers and this dude has really enjoyed the horrible soil in my flower bed.  Its stem is like a trunk.

Because I like being super-busy and because I knew they would love it-I signed the girls up for dance lessons at a place 10 minutes from our house.  Here is Kinley on her first day.  She loves her teacher and loves to go to class.  Kella does, too.  I just don't have a pic of her in her dance outfit yet.

Some of Kella's writing.  The two girls in the picture are Kella and her cousin Cassie.  Apparently they are party girls.

Here's Ponyo.  It was national dog day.

A typical Saturday at our house comes complete with 4 soccer games at 2 different fields.  Let's see-Ewan plays U10 on the Ravens, Cale U12 Zardes, Liam U8 Sounders and Marcus U14 Sunderland.

And, on Saturday, between 4 games, Andy had time to go to the store and find a dog to adopt.  Because we weren't busy enough already.  His name is Jasper-a 9 month old Viszla mix who was not well loved at his previous house.  Ponyo has allowed him to stay and be the second dog.

A picture Kella drew of me and her.  I love it!  This little girl is a very, very good artist for being 5 years old.  I think Kella drew this as a thank you for finding a dance leotard to wear to class until the backordered one comes in.  And, I got her some nightgowns.  She was in heaven.  (and, I found these things at the consignment store=jackpot)

I think Jasper likes it here.

And, now you are caught up.

No comments: