Friday, July 29, 2016

Naval Aviation Museum

As a side trip for our camping vacation, we took a trip to the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida.  This trip added to our list of states we have been to as a family-making the number 8 (soon to be 9 with Georgia).  We went the second day we were at the Gulf.  The weather was overcast and drizzly and not good for much outdoor stuff.  I searched for activities to do with kids and found this free museum less than an hour from Gulf State Park.
First, the boys thought it was cool that we were on an actual military instillation. 

Second, there are tons of aircraft to see.  Several hangers worth.  Lots of history here that I would have liked to have read more about.  But, I had my small folk to pay attention to and pictures to take.



Hugging a missile.

These flags were are the surrender of Japan to the United States during WWII.  When I asked Marcus to stand there and get his picture taken, he put his hand over his heart.  Next thing I knew, here come the other 2 boys for the photo shoot.  America.

There was cool mini aircraft carrier for little kids to play on.  The girls had fun while the boys went to the gift shop.

Kinley happy.  Not that she was the entire time we were here.  Oh no.  She definitely let her Kinley-side show while we were here.  But, I chose to focus on times when she was not screaming. :-) Memories.

So many cockpits for kids to climb in and out of.  2 floors worth of cool.




This is the president's helicopter.  And, Kella's new friend.

My new friend, too.

Moon stuff!

What a cool side trip!  I love doing unplanned fun things with the family.  One of my favorite things is just taking the kids to see different places.  It's all about the memories.

No comments: