Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My coats have a new home

I got a new closet last month.  I think Andy was tired of hearing me talk about how much I would love a coat closet re-no and he had time to work on the project.  I am thankful for how handy Andy is and that he knows how to do home projects like this.  I was ready for the coats not to all be hung by the door on the hooks we have there.  All the games we had in the closet had to be relocated to various areas around the house, but I was willing to sacrifice the game closet in order to have a new home for the coats.

Here is my inspiration.  Found this gem on Pinterest.  I loved the idea of hooks in the closet instead of the hangers for coats.  And, there were hooks low enough for the littles to reach.  
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/188588303119617718/



Ponyo-not a fan of the air compressor, we discovered


measuring the space

just some wainscot for the bottom part of the closet

the hard part is done-wainscot is up and a chair rail put up at the heights the hooks will go

a nice coat of white paint

then, the hooks and voila! a closet with plenty of hooks for this family.  I've even tried to convince the boys to keep their backpacks in there.  That's another work in progress.




1 comment:

Angella Frasier said...

I liked how organized it is; designed with a great height that has two layers of hooks for enough family storage and hooks low enough for children to hang their backpacks. I encourage ladies to think of having this kind of closet to keep their houses arranged if in need of a coat closet. It's such a lovely home project.