Thursday, January 7, 2016

It's my birthday!

My birthday happened in a busy week of basketball, work and the girls' preschool program.  Honestly, it didn't really feel like a birthday with all the business.  But, we did have cake-a requirement, of course. I got to attend a concert (preschool Christmas program-where my gift was that I didn't have a little one to watch and could focus on the performances-that's been a long time coming) And, I got a few pictures.  Selfies galore.  

The kids were all worn out anyway from the preschool Christmas program that night.  I know they got cookies there and then we came home and had cake.  My present to them-sugar and more sugar.




Me and my boys.

Kinley was a fan of the cake-had to sample the frosting to make sure it was good.  Made from scratch with homemade purple frosting.  Purple-my favorite color and the color of royalty.  Cale volunteered to frost the cake for me.  One candle-a lady never tells her age.  The kids sang happy birthday with energy and were happy to be up eating cake after bedtime.


Sweet moments for my birthday.  

No comments: