Tuesday, June 24, 2014

'round here

We are well into our third week of summer vacation.  It has been pretty humid here and has rained every day for a little bit-like Florida.  Right now, we are coming out of a tornado warning for a storm that went to the south of us.  Yippee.  All plans I had for today are cancelled except for a run to the store for to restock our milk supply.

We've tried to keep ourselves busy here.  Some things have been checked off our summer wish list.

Ewan and Cale went to Cub Scout camp and loved it.  Cale actually passed his swim test (or, rather, the part he was tested on) and earned himself a paddle in the canoe he was in with Andy.  I think both the boys earned their belt loops, and maybe their pins for archery and bb guns, too.

Ewan, climbing a rock wall.


Cale, shooting.

I think we've gotten to 2 parks so far.  It's hard for me to coordinate park time with Kinley's sleep schedule and evening activities.  And, I don't feed like playing in this humid, hot weather.  

Look, proof that Kinley can be smiley.  She really likes these swings.

We've had a guest at our house-Flat Stella from Oregon.  We take her around so she can see some of central Indiana.

Sad news-Mr Orange is missing!  He went missing on Saturday night 6/14 and hasn't been seen since.  I think he got shut outside that night on accident and instead of sticking around, the next door dog ran him off.  I am hopeful that Orange ended up on someone's doorstep and that kind soul took him in.  I keep looking out the doors thinking I'll see his face peeking in.  I tell the littles that Orange is off having an adventure.  Kella says that he is fighting Doofenshmirtz (the evil genius from Phineas and Ferb-a show we watch a lot here.  In the show, the kids's pet platupus, Perry, goes off the fight the evil doctor in every episode).


A week after Cale and Ewan got back, Marcus headed off to Boy Scout camp.  Andy got to go, too.  

Looking spiffy in his scout uniform.  The scarf holder was made by one of the leaders.


The "boys" ready to go.  I think Marcus was tired of getting his picture taken at this point.

Marcus comes back Saturday morning and Andy comes back the night before since I have to work this weekend.  Andy is back for two days and then he leaves for a football camp (for work) on Sunday and will be gone for another week.  Crazy, I know.

We've also been working on the library reading program and have just been hanging out.  Lots of play time, lots of electronics time, lots of relaxing time.  Summertime.

No comments: