Tuesday, January 28, 2014

update from the frozen north...

....well, not really north, but my friend on facebook does like to point out on a daily basis, that Alaska is currently warmer than the midwest.  The kids were off school today.  I can't count the number of snow days they have had, but I do know that they will be attending school into June now.  Tomorrow promises temps in the double digits and I am hopeful for a 2 hour delay, or, *gasp* a full day of school.

Travel basketball regular season is over now.  Marcus and Cale will have practices in preparation for the playoffs.  Being on the teams have been a good experience for both of them.  They have enjoyed all the extra chances to play basketball and we can see improvement in them as players.  I would have liked to have seen Cale played more on his team, but what playing time he had was good for him.

Rec league is in full swing as long as the weather agrees with us.  Cale's team has had maybe two practices total due to the others being cancelled for weather.  It's fun watching the kids play and it definitely makes for a busy Saturday.  There have been a couple of games that have gone into overtime, which is always very exciting.

Cub scouts is still going strong.  I am currently overseeing the 3 younger dens with another adult.  I have a love/hate relationship with scouts.  I like being a leader, but it is hard to do right now since Kinley needs my attention, too.  Not to mention Kella and Liam.  Oh, and Ewan acts like it's killing him when I tell him it's time for scouts.

I am almost done with Liam's 1st year scrapbook.  I have spent part of this evening going back through this blog for information from Liam's first year to fill in his baby book.  I knew I kept this blog up for a reason.  All the pages are laid out just waiting for me to label photos and I will be done.  Kella's scrapbook is over halfway done and I have started on Kinley's.  Finishing these scrapbooks is one of my resolutions for this year.

And, right not I am catching up on some television viewing.  You may not care, but I have my list of shows that I like to watch that includes:  Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Sleepy Hollow, Psych, Grimm and Almost Human.  I've especially been loving the new season of Sherlock right now.  In fact, I watched the first episode 3 times, the last time with the boys who also really liked it.  

No comments: