Thursday, May 30, 2013

kid happenings

It's been a busy week here with last things the kids are doing at school.  

Last Friday, Marcus had his recognition ceremony at school.  We knew that he would be recognized for reading 100 books again this year (actually, for the elementary kids, a "book" counts as a certain amount of pages). 
 
Andy and I were surprised, then, when they called Marcus's name for perfect attendance!  I could have sworn that I have kept him home at least once for an illness this year.  The assistant pricipal thought that was funny.  Of course, I had to have a picture with his reward certificates.
 
Ewan lost a tooth on Saturday!  This was the first tooth for Ewan to lose.  Ewan actually has both his grown-up front, bottom teeth coming in behind his baby ones.  I think he thought it was cool to have 4 front teeth. We really encouraged him to keep wiggling the loose one.  The wiggling, and a little help from Grammy Linda, and the tooth was out!
 
Over the weekend, Andy and I were both sick.  I came home from work Saturday morning and felt awful until Monday.  Andy felt crummy Saturday into Sunday.  Lucky for us, Grammy Linda was there to watch the kids. Then, on Tuesday, I had to pick Ewan up from school for being sick and Marcus came home from school and was sick all evening.  I felt especially bad for Marcus, because Wednesday was Pioneer Day for the 4th graders and he had really been looking forward to it.  I was surprised, then, on Wednesday morning, when Marcus popped out of bed, ready to go to school. I guess he wasn't going to miss out.

I don't know if he ended up wearing the hat.  We trimmed the crazy edges down to look more tame.


Marcus made it through the morning.  Andy was a volunteer for this event and ended up signing out Marcus and bringing him home around lunch.  You could tell that Marcus was still not feeling great.  He even took a nap that afternoon.

I don't know when Cale's award ceremony was.  He came home on Wednesday with his award goodies.  Cale also was recognized for reading 100 books again this year.  And, Cale also got a perfect attendance award.  Again, I could have sworn Cale stayed home sick at some point, but I guess I was wrong.  The primary school gave out lawn chairs, of all things, to the kids that got perfect attendance.  The guidance counselor said it's because "they have been working hard all year and now they (the students) can sit back and relax".


One more day left!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: