Monday, March 19, 2012

Running: an slower, older model

I blame it all on Andy.

In February, Andy went out and got some really nice running shoes.  He's never been a runner, but wanted to start with the end goal, I think, of doing a triathelon. 

I used to run, too.  I used to do road races every year.  I could do a respectable 10 minute mile.  Not the fastest person, by any means.  But, babies and need of sleep and work and time all seemed to distract me from any kind of working out.


But, I really wanted some new shoes, too.

So, goodbye my more-than-4-year-old new balances and hello to my nice, new aesics.  I've broke them in wearing them at work-(which was super-comfy).  And last week, I decided to haul myself out the door to actually use them for their intended purpose-running.  It wasn't pretty, but I survived my first time out running for about 30 mins with a little walking in the middle.  I am not a fast running by any means, but I have a pretty consistent pace once I get started. 

Then, I did it again the next day.

Saturday was too busy a day for me to run, but, no worries, I made it out again Sunday evening. 

And, I am starting to remember what it feels like to love running again.

No comments: