Friday, March 9, 2012

Thursday

Thursday was Cale's Dr. Suess pararde. It was the make-up parade from last Friday when some pretty strong storms came through the area. Cale wanted to dress up as the Lorax, and I had a little bit of a challenge coming up with his costume. (Now, here is the difference between Marcus and Cale: Marcus never wanted to dress up as Dr. Seuss character. He does not like that kind of attention. So, last year, I didn't even ask Cale if he wanted to do it. I figured his answer would be the same. Oh no. Cale was mad that he couldn't participate last year and excited to be involved this year. That is Cale, always wanting to be in the mix of things.) For Cale's costume, we finally came up with a fake mostache and eyebrows, spray painted yellow with a stuffed, long-sleeve orange tshirt.  Can you see him in his class picture?  He is in the second row, between 2 girls wearing pink.  There were a lot of Cat in the Hats, a lot of Whos and a fair amount of Thing 1 and Thing 2s, but only about 5-6 Lorax-I'm sure Cale liked that, too.  He had fun, and I brought Ewan to watch the parade-he seemed to enjoy himself.


My new cooking friend.  Thank you Grammy Pammy for my new pressure cooker.  I tried a honey-garlic chicken recipe the other night, and it was pretty good.  I think I will have fun cooking with it.


And, finally, we have found another use for the trampoline....

No comments: