Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy late St. Pats Day!

I hope everyone had a nice St. Patrick's Day. It's my favorite holiday because there is no expectation for it. You can do lots of stuff, you can do nothing-wonderful.

I was more than averagely motivated to do a few things for the boyos for this day. I started out by making breakfast-green pancakes. The kids were happy. They like pancakes anyway and the green was a cool bonus. I tried to encourage the boys to wear green, especially Marcus and Cale since I didn't want them getting pinched at school (if anyone does that anymore). Ewan swore he did not have a green shirt and I really don't think he cared. (Later in the day, he did put on a green tshirt that was in his dresser-imagine that!)





Liam wore green, too, but I never did get his picture. I was a little busy that day. Andy's treat for St. P's day was to get all 4 of his wisdom teeth cut out. The dentist had been on him for several years to get it done and we finally made the appointment. Andy did fine, the whole thing took about 2 hours and that included going to CVS afterwords to get his perscriptions. We got him home and he slept for a few hours and woke up in time to see his Butler Bulldogs win their first game in the NCAA tourney.
I also made rainbow cupcakes for the boys. They were pretty easy-just a cake mix that you separted into different bowls and dyed different colors. They were pretty to look at and pretty good to eat. No pictures of those-they only lasted a few days.
No corned beef and cabbage for dinner either. Andy probably wasn't up to eat that kind of meal, the boys would have complained about eating "real" food and I had to work anyway. We saved the corned beef for the weekend and had reuben sandwiches. :-)

No comments: