Tuesday, August 17, 2010

start of football

Football is starting this week for Marcus and Cale. We have picked up Marcus's tackle gear and helmet (which Andy said are better than anything he ever played with in JFL) and the boys now both have a pair of cleats (and our sports shoe collection begins...). Tuesday night was Marcus's evaluation night. I guess the coaches run the boys through some drills and then when they go to assign kids to each team on "draft day" the teams are theoretically equal. Anyway, I got confused and thought it was Cale's evals that night. Turns out Cale's are Thursday and Marcus's were Tuesday and we left all of his gear at home. Well, I felt bad, and I'm pretty sure he was the only kid with no gear out there. Marcus took it in stride and was fine with it, while I beat myself up for being disorganized. I would have gone home to get the stuff too, except that I had to go to work and leave the kids in the capable hands of my sitter. But, no harm, apparently and I have since gone over the fooball calender and written it in my planner and on our wall calender. Practices start next week. They are looking forward to it! (Ewan and Liam don't seem to mind either-mostly because there is some playground equipment to climb all over.)

Marcus was really excited about getting his pads and helmet. They had the kids line up and go through the supply shed and get measured for everything. He wore the pads the rest of the evening and even some of the next day. :-)


Cale wanted to try the helmet on too! And, then it got stuck on his head and I couldn't figure out how to get it off (music major here everyone). I told Cale he would just have to wear it until Andy got home-approx 20 mins-but he managed to eventually wiggle out of it.

No comments: