Monday, August 23, 2010

sleepover @ Grammy Pammy's/Xander's brthday party

I may have said that we were done travelling, but we had the chance to zip back to Illinois for an overnight trip and to go to cousin Xander's birthday party. We left after Marcus and Cale's open house at the school and got to Grammy Pammy's during what I can only describe as a monsoon. So much rain! Anyway, we let the boys unwind and then set up camp in the living room. Grammy Pammy was nice enough to sleep on the couch and let Liam and me take her bedroom.

The boys were up the next morning about 6am Illinois time (7am for Indiana-so not too early). Grammy took them to the mall play area and the merry-go-round and then it was time to go to Uncle Jim and Aunt Courtney's for Xander's birthday. The boys were excited to see their cousins (and play with Xander's toys. He didn't mind, he was napping when we got there.)

For fun, they had something called the "tumble-bus". It's a stripped down old school bus with some gymnastic stuff in it. I got this pic, and then ran inside to eat, since the kiddos were occupied. Everyone had fun, the bus even had a little zip line-a favorite of the boys.

Got a nice photo of Grammy, Lanny, Maddie and Cale. :-)

Ewan fell in love with Xander's ginormus stuffed dalmation.


Even my Grandma and Aunt Renee got to come to the party. It was nice to see them (and my Aunt Claud and Aunt Eileen).


My sister was nice enough to bring her bounce house for the kids! The boys kind of took over.

What a nice time, and then we had to leave. I hated to go, and was dragging myself away, but I knew that we were going to get back so late (stupid eastern time zone). And now, we are definitely done travelling for awhile. We will enjoy being at home and entertain any of our family and friends who want to stop by for a visit!

No comments: