Thursday, July 29, 2010

our life in pictures


Marcus and Cale are 2 days away from being finished with their YMCA baseball time. I think they like playing, but they act like they're dying when we try to get them to practice at home. Marcus is doing well with fielding and throwing and Cale is a great hitter. Hopefully this was a good introduction to baseball for them and they'll want to play again.



VBS was this week. Three days of fun! The boys all had a good time. I taught the 2-3 year olds again and only had 11 at the most. It was so nice. The kids were mostly ones that I had had last year as 2 year olds, so as 3's they were much better behaved. Ewan was in my class again this year. In fact, every year that I have taught, I have had one of my boys in my class. Next year it's Liam's turn. Andy worked in the kitchen and made it look so easy that a few of the teachers said they wanted his job next year. :-) What a nice highlight to the summer!


Proof that the 4th child does not get shorted on nice things. After trying some Payless shoes that never fit right, Andy went out and got some StrideRites for Liam. He loves these shoes! He will get them when I tell the other boys to get their shoes on. I say "sit, sit" and he will sit right down to let me put them on.


We "forced" the boys to play outside the other day. It was so nice and we gave them the choice of practicing baseball or bike riding. Oh man, Marcus and Cale had a huge crying fit! Probably because going outside was not in their plans. After a 15 minute period of tears, the boys finally came outside. Cale practiced hitting balls and Marcus worked on riding his bike. Once everyone calmed down, I think they had fun! (although they won't admit it!)

No comments: