Saturday, January 9, 2010

resolutions for body and soul

Our New Year's resolution arrived in the mail today. It's P90X. It might kill me. Maybe this post should be called My Last Will & Testament. It's a super intense video workout program that is 90 days long. I really like watching the infomercial and Andy thought it would be fun to actually do the workout. I don't know if I'm excited about this or not, but I know it will be good for me to do. I'm thinking about taking before and after pictures so we can see ourselves getting in better shape. I know several of my coworkers have tried this program and have quit after just a week, so we'll see how this goes.
Our other resolution is to read the Bible in 90 days. We thought we could do both the working out and the Bible reading in the same 90 days. Andy has already gotten a head start on the Bible reading. I tried to do this last year and got bogged down in Isaiah. We'll give it another go.
I'm excited to do these resolutions. I'm worried about how they will mesh with work and the kids and everything. We'll just really have to make an effort and commit to these things.
Wish us luck!

No comments: