Monday, January 25, 2010

Liam at 9 months

Liam was 9 months old on Sunday! I wanted to take a minute and celebrate on the blog! No picture right now (since I'm typing this @ work), but I will try to post one of his royal cuteness later this week.
Liam is moving all over the place-he crawls (many times with one knee up off the floor), he cruises the furniture (and anything else that will support he weight, ie people) and he has gotten himself into a standing position all by himself at least once. Of course, the standing lasted for about 2 seconds and then he plopped back down onto the ground.
We have moved on to Stage 3 baby foods and are trying to work in some table food too. I forgot that it takes some planning to make sure that Liam has table food to eat-I guess it's just easier to serve up the jarred food. 3 squares and some snacks are what Liam takes along with his bottles and nursing. It will be interesting to see what he weighs at his next doctor appt on Wednesday. When you pick him up after his meal, you can feel the weight difference!
He is a vocal baby and I think he likes to hear his own "voice". I swear he has said the words "yes" and "mama". We also think "bababa" means bottle-the jury is still out on that one. Yesterday in church, I had to take him to the nursery early because he would not stop "yelling" (not because he was mad, just using his loud voice). Liam also is chewing on his tongue a lot. It must feel good on his gums-his 2 uppers are not in yet. Most of the day he has his tongue stuck out of his mouth-adorable!
That's it for now. I can't believe Liam is already 9 months old! It is bittersweet that he is growing up so fast (or too fast for me!).

No comments: