Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a rough patch

Oh boy, Ewan has been giving us a rough time with potty training. Really, he is potty trained. He knows when he has to go to the bathroom and he is dry at night. The catch is, he waits until the last minute to go to the bathroom and does not make is in time. This has resulted in many impromptu floor washings and extra laundry. He did it again last night and I was so frustrated I gave him a time-out on the toilet-I just told him to stay there for a while. Then, I collected my thoughts and went ahead with the planned bath he was going to get. I know that he knows when he has to go to the bathroom. I also think that he is just trying to control the situation (imagine that). I'm hoping this passing because I am growing weary of the constant vigilance of Ewan's "potty signals". The other thing that Ewan has decided he enjoys is peeing on the side of the road. If we do not force him to go to the bathroom before we leave the house, 99% of the time, Ewan will say he needs to go potty while we are driving. What to do? We don't want an accident and usually there is no place to stop (smart kid). What a boy, is all I have to say to that. I can't wait to tell these stories to him when he is older.

No comments: