Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 6th birthday Marcus!


holding Marcus like we held him when he was born-he's a little bigger now!
birthday cake time!
his new bike

Marcus turned 6 today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. :-( He's a very fortunate 6 year old-so far he has had 3 "parties" with one more coming this weekend. The first was a surprise for him and us thrown by my Aunt Claud and Gram Cece up by Chicago. The next one was at home with Grammy Pammy on the 4th. Marcus got his new bike for a gift and has loved riding it. We had another small celebration today-cake, a few little gifts, and a trip to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. This weekend we are having a birthday party with some of his friends. I invited Marcus's entire kindergarten class along with his church friends. So far, only a handful of kids are coming-fine with me, since the weather might make us bring the party inside.
We measured Marcus against the door today and found out he has grown about 2 inches since last year. He picks up on things quickly. The other day he was asking me about dust mites-I hadn't talked to him about that. I asked him where he learned about them-Johnny Test (a cartoon). Marcus loves to compete, but does not like to lose. He enjoys being active and likes to play sports. He's learning to be an independent reading, which is amazing to watch. He's a helper-most of the time-and is always wanted to help cook in the kitchen. He's an excellent brother-I enjoy watching him interact with Liam. He's an awesome son and we love Marcus and are so thankful for him!


No comments: